The Xenon is the workhorse of TigerSharp’s folding knife collection. It is light, durable and comfortable to use. It features a Zytel handle and rubber inlays as well as TigerSharp Technologies’ Replacement Edge System (RES). This technology allows the user to have a razor sharp edge in seconds without any special training or tools. Within a matter of seconds, users can replace old, dull edges with sharp factory edges. The Xenon model TS415 has a 2 3/4-inch blade with a 6 1/2-inch overall length. Weighing 3 ounces, it comes with one replacement/serrated blade.
What is RES?
This new ground breaking Replacement Edge System or RES technology separates the cutting edge and blade into two separate parts. By using a softer outer stainless steel blade support and a super hardened, cryogenically treated surgical steel cutting edge TigerSharp has created a knife that can hold an edge up to four times longer than our competitors.
- GIN 5 stainless steel cutting edges, one of Hitachi’s “Super Steels”, the same steel used in surgical scalpels
- Every cutting edge is cryogenically tempered to increase wear resistance
- 440 stainless steel blade support
- Hardest anodizing available
- Handle materials in: Zytel with Kraton, T6061 Aluminum, G10, Titanium, Exotic Hard Wood
- All folding knives come with one smooth and one serrated cutting edge
- Thick heavy duty belt clip
- Liner lock for easy one handed use
- Ball bearing locking mechanism on liner lock to ensure the knife stays in closed position
- Adjustable opening tension via the pivot pin
- Blade floats on two Teflon bushings to always ensure a smooth opening action
- All knives are hand assembled and go through a 100% quality control inspection before shipment to create some of the finest production knives available